Offshore Sports has many coaching and counseling techniques that we effectively and successfully employ to help accomplish our training goals. In general, they fall into these main methods:
- Experience – As an old proverb teaches: “What I hear, I forget. What I see, I remember. But what I do, I learn.” Learning must be experiential, especially in sports.
- Instruction – Learning to play basketball, or any sport, requires the guidance of an experienced coach who can communicate with the players to help them develop their skills.
- Repetition – While practice never leads to perfection, it does lead to improvement.
- Example – Watching our advanced students and learning from the examples of our Top Counselors helps students understand what the end result of their hard work should look like.
- Teaching others – When students master a move or technique, they will be allowed to teach other students. By teaching others, the student teacher enhances their own learning experience.